Dear Advocate for Older Adults,
Spiritual well-being is an important part of the aging process. It clarifies purpose, brings hope and provides comfort throughout our lives. Chaplaincy is an important piece of United Church Homes’ mission, creating community, wholeness and peace for residents, staff and families. Our chaplains are focused on providing spiritual care in our senior living communities.
Your congregation can provide the opportunity for chaplains to use their special skills, experience and training in their work, which includes:
- Focusing on the whole person, regardless of the individual’s faith, tradition, experience or expression.
- Developing partnerships with local church leaders to support residents and UCH communities.
- Providing support for area clergy and congregations in their ministries with older adults.
- Accompanying residents, their families and staff with the many transitions that come in later life.
United Church Homes’ Comprehensive Campaign for Abundant Life includes support for our pastoral care program. This support is important as there are limited funding sources to cover the expense of this commitment and program.
Consider supporting United Church Homes’ Pastoral Care Fund by utilizing the mission moment resources below.
We make it simple to partner with us! Below are several resources for your use:
- A letter with details regarding the need for support;
- A bulletin insert with an overview of United Church Homes’ Pastoral Care Fund;
- An article for your newsletter that explains the roles and importance of the chaplaincy program at our senior living communities;
- Liturgical resources concerning aging in community;
- UCH Peace video you can share with your congregation.
Thank you for partnering in our mission at United Church Homes! We look forward to hearing from you and sharing ideas on how we can work together to minister to older adults.
Rev. Beth Long-Higgins
Executive Director, Ruth Frost Parker Center for Abundant Aging
United Church Homes